My son, Brian and his girlfriend, Lili made dinner for us the other night. This hot sauce was served with some locally-made pork sausages, cooked carrots with oregano, and a cauliflower-cilantro puree. Wonderful meal! (The hot peppers were grown on his friend Chris’s balcony.)
- 1 hand full of fresh habanero (or other hot variety) peppers
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch raw (brown) sugar
- Chop up the habanero peppers, onion and garlic.
- Lightly sauté the habanero peppers, onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the sautéed mixture, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of raw sugar and a splash of vinegar to a blender.
- Blend the sauce.
- Pour into a glass jar for storage.